• Company/ 
  • Our History

Chiesi symbolizes success since 1935

Highlights from the Chiesi Group with focus on Chiesi Romania

  • 1935 Giacomo Chiesi, the founder, wanted a laboratory to “carry out research”. Chiesi buys the “Pharma Biologica – Pharmaceuctical Laboratory”, a small laboratory in the old center of Parma.  
  • 1960 Chiesi grows into a substantial company with 50 employees, offering a wide range of products (A-col, Tripnol, Parminal, etc.)
  • 1966 The founder’s sons, Alberto Chiesi and Paolo Chiesi, take over the company and begin to focus on the development of the company’s own products as well as on its internationalisation. 
  • 1992 and in the later years Chiesi establishes research centres, manufacturing plant and opens branch offices in France, Germany, UK, Spain, Russia, Greece, Turkey, The Netherlands, China and Unites States – just to name a few. 
    Learn more about Chiesi here. 
  • 2001 Torrex Pharma, a privately owned company, founded in 1994 in Austria, with its focus on Central Eastern European countries becomes a wholly-owned subsidiary of Chiesi Farmaceutici Italy. The company is already well established in Austria, Slovenia, Czech Republic and Hungary and focuses on the CEE region.
  • 2005 was opened the Torrex Chiesi Romania specialised in antiinflamatory and neonatology products
    In the following years are launched products from different areas as respiratory, orthopedy, anaesthesia and intensive medicine.
  • 2007 New Company name – Chiesi Romania S.R.L.
  • 2009 The Chiesi Group achieves a turnover of 872 million euro, with 3.500 employees. Chiesi holds 1.273 patents around the world, operates 3 manufacturing plants, 4 research centres and 23 affiliated companies in more than 65 countries throughout the world.

Please find more information about the Chiesi Group and Chiesi Central Eastern Europe (Chiesi Pharmaceuticals) here.